Saturday, August 20, 2011

Number One

This is the first sentence of the first blog post of my first blog. Creating a blog is certainly the most technologically creative task a teacher has assigned in my eleven-year-old academic career. I am excited to begin. First, however, I would like to explain my alias name. I chose the name Estella Havisham from Charles Dickens' Great Expectations not because I am like her or aspire to be like her. Estella is cruel and manipulative of poor little Pip. She is certainly not a kind soul. Rather, I chose Estella Havisham for a petty reason--I think she has the most beautiful name in the world. It sounds especially ravishing when spoken out loud in a British accent. I encourage you to say it out loud to yourself. It just drips class. 


The first novel I am reading this semester is called The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook by Ben Mezrich. I was fascinated by the movie The Social Network, so this book has been on my to-do list for a while.

Happy reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment