At this point in the book, there are absolutely no connections I can make between the characters and my own life. Mark and Eduardo are plunged into the dark and money-crazed world of Silicon Valley, California. The setting has mostly transitioned from Harvard to California. Likewise, the mood of the novel has changed completely. At Harvard, Mark Zuckerberg and Eduardo Saverin are just two geeky college students that are chasing a dream. They consider "thefacebook" to be an experiment. After Mark moves to California, the mood changes from casual to intense. Sean Parker immerses Mark into the dog-eat-dog world of Silicon Valley, the infamous mecca for hotshot investors and businessmen looking for the "next best thing." Symbolically, "thefacebook" changes to just "Facebook," representing a new stage in the plot and a metamorphosis of Mark's character. Mark is swayed by Sean Parker's vicious business strategy and manipulation and comes into direct conflict with Eduardo. Because I saw the movie, I know that Mark's conflict with Eduardo leads to the climax of the story.
Like I said, The Accidental Billionaire is easy to read. The story becomes increasingly fascinating and exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment