Thursday, November 10, 2011

Keep It Classy

This is my last blog response! That's crazy. This is the 48th entry to my blog--I consider this to be a great accomplishment! I've kept up with all of my blog deadlines during the semester, so my blog is pretty long. I'm really proud of it.

However, I'm a bit embarrassed about my sidebar called "Fall Semester 2011 Books" because of its sparsity. I've only read four books this school year!  I'm a super slow reader, so I'm not surprised at the low number, but it looks pathetic. The ironic thing about this is that I read constantly. Not only do I read textbooks and classic novels for school assignments, but I read The Journal Gazette over my breakfast and The News-Sentinel after dinner. I read the news, other blogs, and online articles (I love WebMD) on the computer. Sometimes I read magazines. I read college information pamphlets and the long passages in my SAT prep book. I read the letters that my grandmother sends me every month (we've been pen pals since I was in kindergarden, something I am also extremely proud of). So, although my blog might not reflect it, I read all the time. This blog made me realize that I should read even more!


On my must-read list are The Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Hunger Games trilogy. It seems like everyone is reading The Hunger Games now. I notice girls and boys reading them in my sixth period seminar class (that I tutor in) and my grandma is reading them! I need to check these books out.

Out of all the books I've read this semester, The Help is my favorite. It is the kind of book that sticks with you. Plus, I adored the movie.

Remember to keep it classy, readers! Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment