Friday, September 2, 2011

Currently

The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, Ben Mezrich
The Help, Kathryn Stockett

Pages this week: 152
Pages this semester: 284

Sentences of the week:
  1. "We keep coming back/to what we are--each time older,/more freaked out, or less afraid." --"History of Desire" by Tony Hoagland
  2. "Change begins with a whisper." --The Help, Kathryn Stockett
  3. "A bitter seed was planted inside a me. And I just didn't feel so accepting anymore." --The Help, Kathryn Stockett
My favorite sentence this week is number 2. The quote actually comes from the cover page of the The Help. I like that the sentence is simple, yet can stand alone as a profound statement. It is eloquent and classy.


 



2 comments:

  1. I love that you have Estella Havisham's tastes without any of her personality. I love your quotes, and your blog exudes classiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quotes and how they can relate to real life.

    ReplyDelete