I am still reading The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz. I am going out of town Thursday night and coming back Sunday, which equals a lot of travel time. I might have time to finish this book over the weekend. I want my next book to be literary fiction because I have not read any yet, so if you have any suggestions, please comment below. Also, I am trying to decide whether The Help is popular of literary fiction. I am leaning towards popular, but you could argue from the other side as well.
On another side note: I found the word "melee" in The Spellman Files! I am pleased that the words we learn in our vocabulary textbook actually show up outside of school.
The Spellman Files is starting to develop a solid plot line. Rae and Isabel are hired by a woman names Mrs. Peters to follow her husband, Jake Peters, on suspicion that he is gay. Because Isabel and Rae must follow Jake Peters to a tennis club, their mother invokes "section five, clause d." "Section five, clause d" is a part of the employment contract that Isabel and Rae signed when they started working for the firm. It states that Olivia and Albert (the Spellman parents) have "random wardrobe control" whenever a case requires it. What follows is a hilarious sequence of events in which Isabel is forced into a short tennis dress (a sharp contrast to her usual black cords) and Rae tries to enter a strip club with a fake ID(she is a12 year old) to follow Jake Peters.
I am still enjoying this novel!
No comments:
Post a Comment