Friday, September 16, 2011

Currently

The Help, Kathryn Stockett

Pages this week: 249
Pages this semester: 765

Sentences of the week (all from The Help):
  1. "When I started typing out her bathroom initiative for the newsletter, typing words like disease and protect yourself and you're welcome!, it was like something cracked open inside of me, not unlike a watermelon, cool and soothing and sweet." (page 407)
  2. "On my other side is damn Leslie Fullerbean and her cloud of hair spray...I wonder, if I pushed the top of her head, would aerosol spray out of her mouth." (page 411)
  3. "So don't you walk your white butt to New York, run it." (page 499)
My favorite quote this week is number 3 because it conveys Minny's sassy attitude. Minny tells Skeeter to accept her job offer in New York City because Skeeter has "burned every bridge" in Jackson. Minny is unselfish; Minny would be more protected in Jackson if Skeeter stayed, but she wants Skeeter to live the life she knows Skeeter deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment