I have a feeling it's going to be one of those hectic weeks. The PSAT is on Wednesday, I think I got soap in my eye this morning, I had a surprise AP Lit in-class essay yesterday, the bags under my eyes are growing darker, and I'm behind on my project in art. Plus, the boy beside me is complaining about his grades. I don't even want to think about that physics quiz I took last week.
These are the conditions that justify reading what I call an "easy-breezy" book. In other words, a Sarah Dessen novel or celebrity autobiography would be totally appropriate for these conditions. Thus, since last week I have only read three more chapters in I Found This Funny. One chapter was just cartoons. However, I don't feel guilty for reading Kardashian Konfidential by Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe Kardashian instead. Reading about the Kardashian sisters actually saved my sanity. I guess that could be seen as ironic to some people, but I truly enjoy mindless entertainment. I jumped around in different chapters and sometimes just read the captions on the pictures. The language was rudimentary at best, but very informative. I learned how to apply mascara, pose for pictures, and cook steel-cut oatmeal.
If school doesn't work out, I could always try to be a Kardashian. It seems like a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment