Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's Good To Have A Friend

Right now I'm in the car, typing on my dad's iPad, en route to Bloomington to tour Indiana University. I'm with my friend Laura. We just finished a high-class dinner at Arby's (try the sweet potato fries, they're little pieces of fried heaven) and now we're off on the crossroads of America! Woo-hoo! The problem with blogging in the car, however, is that it's pitch black and I can't see my book. So, I'm going to go off my own memory.

In The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin searches for the secrets to happiness. One of her goals is to make more friends. She gives some interesting statistics about the benefit of friendship on one's happiness. I agree that friendship is an important component of happiness. In my opinion, having a few close friends is much more important than having many fair-weather friends, but Rubin attempts to create numerous casual friends. Having a few people that truly care about me makes me much happier than having a multitude of people that I only see occiasionally.

Additionally, I recently discovered that Gretchen Rubin created a blog about her happiness project. I believe she creates a new post everyday. I need to check that out. I'm interested to see how the blog is different fromn the book.

Have a great 3-day weekend, reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment