Overall, my reading this quarter has not been challenging. The most challenging book I've read is I Found This Funny, a collection of short stories edited by Judd Apatow. Most of the stories are confusing and don't have a logical ending. I try to read into the the stories, but sometimes I come up short with a deeper meaning or an explanation for their strangeness. The most pleasurable book I've read is The Help by Kathrynn Stockett. It is now one of my favorites and I am doing a book talk on it Monday. I am a slow reader, but I read The Help incredibly fast, which surprised me. For me, the benchmark of the quality of the book is how fast I read it.
I read either in the afternoon when I get home from school or in the evening before I go to bed. After school, I lie down on my stomach in the living room next to my dog, Greeley, and read for 45 minutes before tennis practice. Or, I read in my bed before I go to sleep.
My goal for next quarter is to read more often. Each week, I only read enough to meet the required reading, but I would like to see myself go beyond the minimum.
No comments:
Post a Comment